This summer is breaking heat records all over the place. Here’s a couple cool ways to keep cool!
- Cucumbers cool the body down and are perfect in a salad or by themselves in a little oil and vinegar or your favorite dressing.
- Watermelon is sweet, cooling, refreshing and cleansing to the kidneys as well as providing fluids for the body. Watermelon is best enjoyed with breakfast or early afternoon. Skip eating at night which may keep you up with bathroom breaks.
- Baby Powder? Johnson & Johnson has come out with several new dusting powders that are calming like Lavender & Chamomile and Cooling Cucumber Melon and just as good for baby as adults.
- Spritz! Fill a spray bottle with water and add your favorite essentail oil – lavender, rose, ylang ylang, etc., and spritz your face, neck, arms.
- Lemon or Lime and water – preferably filtered water from a Brita, Pur filter or bottled Spring Water – drink throughout the day. Using lemon or lime in water has a tangey taste and a perfect way to break the coffee habit. Lemon & Lime are also calming to the nervous system.
- Caution! Do not leave bottled water in a hot car and then drink. Do not put plastic bottles in the freezer and take to the beach. Reports show that the plastic chemical makeup can leak into a hot bottle and also a bottle that has been frozen. Don’t invite toxins into your body.
- Gratitude! Express gratitude for the strength, warmth and life force energy of the sun that enables crops to grow and the ocean to warm and the beauty of summer to nourish our being on every level. Allow that gratitude to sink to the deepest regions of your body, mind, heart and soul.
Summer blessings ~ Love Light Lady!